Harry Potter Mobile**Cover

samedi 13 février 2016

Also outside the window: flocks of white ibis, including juveniles changing over to adult white feathers. We also saw a little blue heron in transition: the white juvenile feathers were mottled with incoming blue. Plus, ducks swimming past and dabbling.

Of the non-water birds, a cardinal pair has clearly set up housekeeping nearby, and we get to see both all day long. And, since I mentioned them, I will throw in another non-water bird. Well, actually, a non-bird altogether. No feathers at all......I now have a resident marsh rabbit, too, it seems. That earns much cooing over cuteness from both male and female students--yep: there are some things too bloody adorable even for males to adhere to stereotypes. Tongue..

And today, while I was around the back of the school, by the atheletic fields.....I saw some things perched on a chain link fence on the far side of the the softball field. Of course I went to Find Out. Where the field dropped off into a depression for drainage, forming a little canal: a red-shouldered hawk, which dropped down and caught something (I believe it may have been another Unfortunate Frog, but the hawk was mantling in a very Scrooge-like 'mine all mine' pose); plus two black-crowned night herons. The red-shoulders have a nest on one of the softball field light poles, as do ospreys (I mean, on another light pole--no need for North Carolina to pass legislation about this).

even though the wildlife attracts the students' attention (and I'll point out the visitors, deliberately), they look and then return easily to the topic of class. However, it's very clear that the presence of a human--eg, the maintenance guy doing the mowing, or working on the drainage--is extremely disruptive; one girl (who never misses spotting wildlife--hello, ADD!) actually said, "I wish he'd just go away and stop walking past!" Such words are never spoken about the beasties.High quality Harry Potter Phone Cases. This phone case features an image Harry Potter and will protect your Mobile Phone.




Harry Potter Mobile Cover
Harry Potter Mobile**Cover

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire