Buildings with steps (Philly)

dimanche 21 février 2016

So I realize no one ever, EVER uses this subforum, but whatever, maybe someone will see this one day.

There's a strong possibility I will be moving to Philadelphia in a few months, so just to waste my time and brainpower I've been apartment hunting online. There are some really cool apartments that would work for a para like me (and are also somehow in my budget), but strolling around via google maps has brought me to the conclusion that Philly building owners are dicks.

There are so many buildings with just one step or a step and a half which could so easily be ramped. I realize all of these buildings are exempt from the ADA because Philladelphia is ancient, but it would take so little work to make these places at least somewhat accessible. Like a very little concrete, it doesn't take much, if the ramp is 1:10 or 1:8 instead of 1:12, so what, at least you tried, right? So many of these buildings have big wide "stoops", which could have easily been made into ramps instead, or with a little more effort the sidewalk could have been raised a couple inches to make it the same height as the extra wide stoop step.

I think if I do end up moving to an old neighborhood, I'm going to go around to all of the asshole businesses that could easily be accessibilized and offer to pay for it myself (then try to shame them into paying at least for part of it). Then if they still want to be dicks about it, I'll just sneak around at 4 in the morning with a bucket of quikrete and do that shit myself.
Buildings with steps (Philly)

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire