As a C-5/6 incomplete quad of 28 years, I am offended how many times I have had medical professionals be overly aggressive, and I am to the point where I feel many a doc tends to see me as automatically 'hopeless' simply due to the injury, and thus does not give good care. PLEASE if I am being too sensitive, I'd like the feedback.
3 years ago I switched from condom cath/neurogenic bladder to full time IM due to increasing bladder pressures, and a rather troubling diverticulum that was as big as my bladder
On switching to IM, my urine began to get very chronically cloudy, and chronic UTIs began to appear, causing a lot of debilitating chills, achiness, and occasional fever, it just severely began to pull at me energy wise, it was also around this time I began to develop a headache syndrome I believe was AD related. The docs just kept throwing oral antibiotic after antibiotic at me, the side effects from that alone were debilitating.
SO their response? Instant NEPHROSTOMY? The primary doc told me they believed all bladder tissues to be colonized with bacteria and that infection could never be controlled, that the strategy was to REMOVE the bladder, completely bypass infected tissue, and hook straight to the kidneys.............?
NO ID referral, no course of IV antibiotics, no superpubic or foley trial (states is useless with bacteria saturated in tissues), he was ready to schedule me and get this done. THIS IS CRIMINAL IN MY EYES.
i pushed hard for further diagnosis, we identified after hi res CT a 5mm stone on right ureterer, he fought removal saying no way is the main issue, fortunately physiatrist stepped in and made happen quicker, stone removed (I dont like this guy operating on me), infections still there but thus far much less, bacteria count staying below 100,000, no more pseudomonis cultures, never get to full fever, just chills and sediment, when symptomatic heavy water push seems to flush, so far only 2 antibiotic rounds this year, that I think i can live with
There is a PA in this clinic (world famous name I'd rather not say publicly) I like, feel she has my back, but knowing 'Mr Cutter' is at the top of the chain worries me in case I ever have accelerated issues again.
Thoughts? Is it just me, or is nephrostomy WAY too aggressive?
Lee
Urinary Medical Nightmare - Anger Inducing
3 years ago I switched from condom cath/neurogenic bladder to full time IM due to increasing bladder pressures, and a rather troubling diverticulum that was as big as my bladder
On switching to IM, my urine began to get very chronically cloudy, and chronic UTIs began to appear, causing a lot of debilitating chills, achiness, and occasional fever, it just severely began to pull at me energy wise, it was also around this time I began to develop a headache syndrome I believe was AD related. The docs just kept throwing oral antibiotic after antibiotic at me, the side effects from that alone were debilitating.
SO their response? Instant NEPHROSTOMY? The primary doc told me they believed all bladder tissues to be colonized with bacteria and that infection could never be controlled, that the strategy was to REMOVE the bladder, completely bypass infected tissue, and hook straight to the kidneys.............?
NO ID referral, no course of IV antibiotics, no superpubic or foley trial (states is useless with bacteria saturated in tissues), he was ready to schedule me and get this done. THIS IS CRIMINAL IN MY EYES.
i pushed hard for further diagnosis, we identified after hi res CT a 5mm stone on right ureterer, he fought removal saying no way is the main issue, fortunately physiatrist stepped in and made happen quicker, stone removed (I dont like this guy operating on me), infections still there but thus far much less, bacteria count staying below 100,000, no more pseudomonis cultures, never get to full fever, just chills and sediment, when symptomatic heavy water push seems to flush, so far only 2 antibiotic rounds this year, that I think i can live with
There is a PA in this clinic (world famous name I'd rather not say publicly) I like, feel she has my back, but knowing 'Mr Cutter' is at the top of the chain worries me in case I ever have accelerated issues again.
Thoughts? Is it just me, or is nephrostomy WAY too aggressive?
Lee
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire