I am a C4-5 quad. About a week and a half ago I fractured my right tibia, toward the middle of the shin. I didn?t initially realize it was fractured and did not go to the ER until the following morning. After x-rays concluded the fracture, the doctor ordered it be splinted (more or less casted) for the first week and then follow up with orthopedics one week later. Upon my visit to orthopedics, they removed the temporary splint (again, hard cast like), checked the skin for pressure spots (nothing apparent), and replaced with exactly the same style non-removable hard splint. They plan to have me return once a week to do the same (remove, inspect skin, and replace) for the next several weeks. Due to the swelling and limited ability to keep my leg elevated while in my power wheelchair, I?ve been restricted to bedrest and off work since the injury. I?ve been reading on the SCI related forums that it is best treated with a removable that can allow for daily skin checks. Any advice would be greatly appreciated ? both in regards to initial and ongoing treatment, as well as expected amount of time I should be off work. Thanks much!
C4-5 Quad ? Fractured Tibia
Inscription à :
Publier les commentaires (Atom)
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire