Last weekend I had the awesome experience of throwing myself out of my chair. My caster hit a crack in the sidewalk at just the right angle. Thankfully, other than my bruised ego, I'm fine. My slipstream fork on the other hand... I hit that crack with enough force to actually bend the fork!
On the bright side, I've always wanted to try Uni-tines - if I have to replace my forks, might as well make the switch now, right?
My new forks arrived tonight, so I sat down to swap them out. The damaged fork was easy to replace (see attached). The other one... some serious gunk must have built up over the last 3 1/2 years because I cannot get that sucker off. The nut came off easily enough, but the fork stem seems like its welded on. It spins well, but there is some grinding.
Does anyone have any ideas on getting this thing loose?
(And yes, I am currently rocking mismatched forks)
On the bright side, I've always wanted to try Uni-tines - if I have to replace my forks, might as well make the switch now, right?
My new forks arrived tonight, so I sat down to swap them out. The damaged fork was easy to replace (see attached). The other one... some serious gunk must have built up over the last 3 1/2 years because I cannot get that sucker off. The nut came off easily enough, but the fork stem seems like its welded on. It spins well, but there is some grinding.
Does anyone have any ideas on getting this thing loose?
(And yes, I am currently rocking mismatched forks)
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire