Just back from hospital, L1 compression, prognosis good :-)

dimanche 28 février 2016

Up since 4am and just back from the hospital and I am on several different drugs but it turns out I am lucky. The doctor says I have a compressed L1. It will stay that way. But I should not have complications. Just need time to heal. Bottle of pills.

Good part of the day - I finally managed an MRI! I had a panic attack the last time (my first time). This time I kept my eyes close, wore a mask and earplugs and listened to what the technician said about leaving the blankets off so I could feel the fans and get cold. It all worked and I pretended I wasn't really in the machine.

Hey another good thing, the Icon is a great chair. To explain, my shoulders have been so bad I have been using my SmartDrive with my Icon everyday for months but by the end of the day coming home and making a stop at the pharmacy we were too tired to put the SD on so I pushed manually and I can say that chair runs great, very easy to push and much quieter without a machine attached. I forgot the joy of an Icon. Thanks for making it Jeff. Thanks to Mark too for making the SD, it helps all the time and it helped me in the hospital when I was not on a gurney and getting up the hill to the car.

So after a hard day I (perhaps the drugs affect this feeling) feel pleased actually. Yes I got hurt and I've got a problem that needs to heal but, I was terrified the doctor was going to tell me something that would keep me down for a year. And I braved the MRI. Glass half-full.

Of course I was more than half-full when the nurse cathed me, is it supposed to be that painful? Geez that hurt. But later my abilities came back and I voided a liter on my own.

I don't know if I can get in the shower but I sure could use one. Already took a stool softener with a bottle of water to get ahead of the pain killer stoppage. Perhaps later I shall intake an extra strength Vicodin and see what the evening and most especially the morning will bring.

Are there children's books, "My Day at the Hospital?" I feel like I just lived one. By the way, ambulances have gotten more modern and the EMTs even younger ;-)
Just back from hospital, L1 compression, prognosis good :-)

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire