Skip to the youtubes and come back to the text if you are interested.
Earlier I posted a couple of pics showing what I had put together as a DIY omni drive push wheel motor assist. See post number 68: http://ift.tt/1LdfEmt
I did this project to see if I could do it and I really wanted a joystick type throttle to control the omni push wheel system. For a battery, I first used an old 36 volt Bionx battery I had on hand which worked fine. But it was very heavy, and maybe too fast. It would run my chair at 8 mph (calculated) however the acceleration had to be dealt with too as I sky viewed and broke it to bits. Since I had proof of concept, I picked up an inexpensive 24 volt 6 AH Lithium battery. That brought my top speed down to 6 mph, but the good news is that the total weight, battery, motor, and controller is only 13.5 lbs. That light weight 24 volt battery is now permanently attached to my wheelchair along with the controller and thumb throttle. I also found that by experimenting with different throttles some were too quick to accelerate.
What I have now is a thumb throttle, an off/on paddle switch and a cruise control with a power indication light. Those parts are standard e-bike off the shelf components. The construction of the omni wheel motor was more work as it had to be fabricated from tubing, a hub motor, a bicycle fork, and omni wheel robot parts. The controller had to be selected to be compatible with the rpm and voltage of the motor. It too is from the e-bike world.
Here is a bench test of the DIY model running at 24 volts. It does not show clearly in this video, but it will throttle down to a crawl rotation speed. Hub motors are fantastic in how well they perform.
https://youtu.be/ABCuXozmwEE
And this is ? I?m not saying what this is. But my right hand is on the throttle. I use my hands mostly just for steering now when I use the motor. https://www.youtube.com/user/hkppstuff
Omni wheel power push drive with throttle
Earlier I posted a couple of pics showing what I had put together as a DIY omni drive push wheel motor assist. See post number 68: http://ift.tt/1LdfEmt
I did this project to see if I could do it and I really wanted a joystick type throttle to control the omni push wheel system. For a battery, I first used an old 36 volt Bionx battery I had on hand which worked fine. But it was very heavy, and maybe too fast. It would run my chair at 8 mph (calculated) however the acceleration had to be dealt with too as I sky viewed and broke it to bits. Since I had proof of concept, I picked up an inexpensive 24 volt 6 AH Lithium battery. That brought my top speed down to 6 mph, but the good news is that the total weight, battery, motor, and controller is only 13.5 lbs. That light weight 24 volt battery is now permanently attached to my wheelchair along with the controller and thumb throttle. I also found that by experimenting with different throttles some were too quick to accelerate.
What I have now is a thumb throttle, an off/on paddle switch and a cruise control with a power indication light. Those parts are standard e-bike off the shelf components. The construction of the omni wheel motor was more work as it had to be fabricated from tubing, a hub motor, a bicycle fork, and omni wheel robot parts. The controller had to be selected to be compatible with the rpm and voltage of the motor. It too is from the e-bike world.
Here is a bench test of the DIY model running at 24 volts. It does not show clearly in this video, but it will throttle down to a crawl rotation speed. Hub motors are fantastic in how well they perform.
https://youtu.be/ABCuXozmwEE
And this is ? I?m not saying what this is. But my right hand is on the throttle. I use my hands mostly just for steering now when I use the motor. https://www.youtube.com/user/hkppstuff
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire