I'm just really upset the way the whole thing with the trials for the Epidural Stimulation has been handled. Here's something that could the way it has been described be helping a real lot of people NOW, I'm sure there is a way to get special FDA Approval going through the proper channels, but nope, they have to raise as much funding as possible for the current trial that ends in 2020, a lot of people involved make huge salaries off the said funding. I would not be surprised if they go into another trial after the one in 2020 is completed and raise yet more funding. I've seen this scenario play out time and time again over my 35 years of SCI. If Epidural Stim really works so good, get it to the people now, we all are not getting any younger. I signed up for the trial, donated a bunch of money to both Louisville and CR Foundation, never heard anything, just get a bunch of junk mail now from all these guys looking for yet even more money. Why bother? As you can tell I'm pretty emotional on this topic, but have good reason to be. Heck if this thing could do for me what was described in the four people who had the Stim unit placed in them I'd be very happy. I just don't see it ever happening. Of course when you talk to these people they will reassure you it's possible and all that jazz. Ya right. Here it is, the first implant was done in 2009 on Summers and he had good results according to the article http://ift.tt/1Xqf2LX was over 6 years ago. Heck even if it did not work out in people and it was implanted vs surface stim as they say they are working on, it could simply be removed. What's the big deal. So 6 years wasted and 4 more to go with the current trial, can you see why I think it will go on at least another 10 after the current 10 years coming up in 2020? But in answer to the original poster, yes, it sounds great and all, just no telling when in the heck it will become available if ever, I've seen so many things like this that were hyped fall by the wayside the past 35 years.
When will Epidural Stimulation ever be brought to the masses?
Inscription à :
Publier les commentaires (Atom)
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire