Just got some of these for my new TR3, and have read through a lot of threads about the chair rocking when locked. It seems the consensus is that it's the flex in the wheel spokes that causes this. Well I have some 25" spinergy lx - x laced wheels and have the threaded sleeve about 1/8" away from the hub rings with about 1/4" of threaded sleeve showing, then the nut on the outside of the mount (so its mounted as far out and sturdy as possible) and when I get on the couch and have my chair on it's side with the locks engaged I can grab my wheel and move it forward and back about 1/4" or so. This is lightly grabbing the wheel, with no weight or force on it whatsoever and the wheel still moves. Therefore in this situation there is ZERO flex in the spokes.
So I pulled the locks off and pushed the piston all the way out. Turns out I can move the piston side to side within the threaded sleeve. There should be zero movement/space inside that sleeve for the piston to move side to side, I have no idea why it would be this way. So the reason MY chair rocks with the locks engaged is because the piston is moving inside the sleeve, not because the spokes are flexing. So does anyone/everyone else have any movement between the piston and the sleeve? Is this not normal and I need to contact D's about a replacement? Any help is appreciated.
the D's lock rock...
So I pulled the locks off and pushed the piston all the way out. Turns out I can move the piston side to side within the threaded sleeve. There should be zero movement/space inside that sleeve for the piston to move side to side, I have no idea why it would be this way. So the reason MY chair rocks with the locks engaged is because the piston is moving inside the sleeve, not because the spokes are flexing. So does anyone/everyone else have any movement between the piston and the sleeve? Is this not normal and I need to contact D's about a replacement? Any help is appreciated.
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire