Hi.
I'm at T5 complete due to a motorcycle accident which occurred in July 2003. I have not used my standing table for many years, but would like to start using it at least weekly. I have been told I have osteopenia and recently turned 52. Is it safe for me to use my table or will I run the risk of breaking something? My table does have leg supports from the knees down as well as back support. I have asked my doctor standing table questions over the years since my accident and have gotten conflicting answers by this same doctor. I have asked him if he thinks standing helps or is it just hype. He has answered this question yes to both on different occasions. Not having enough hours in the week and getting answers like this I slowly stopped using the table. Years went by and decided I wanted to start using it again. I asked this same doctor if it were safe to start using it again. The first time I was told no and that I could break something. A few more years went by and decided to ask him about it again and this time was told it would be safe since my table had leg supports which would help keep legs from twisting upon standing. I should have asked this forum years ago instead of waiting so long, but would still really appreciate any comments.
Standing table - safe to stand after many years of unuse?
I'm at T5 complete due to a motorcycle accident which occurred in July 2003. I have not used my standing table for many years, but would like to start using it at least weekly. I have been told I have osteopenia and recently turned 52. Is it safe for me to use my table or will I run the risk of breaking something? My table does have leg supports from the knees down as well as back support. I have asked my doctor standing table questions over the years since my accident and have gotten conflicting answers by this same doctor. I have asked him if he thinks standing helps or is it just hype. He has answered this question yes to both on different occasions. Not having enough hours in the week and getting answers like this I slowly stopped using the table. Years went by and decided I wanted to start using it again. I asked this same doctor if it were safe to start using it again. The first time I was told no and that I could break something. A few more years went by and decided to ask him about it again and this time was told it would be safe since my table had leg supports which would help keep legs from twisting upon standing. I should have asked this forum years ago instead of waiting so long, but would still really appreciate any comments.
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire