Dirty handrims... why?

mercredi 16 mars 2016



As I seem to remember, this didn't used to happen when my chair was new (it is now 5+ years old), and never happened with my first chair (that was replaced at 2 or 3 years). What exactly is causing this silvery grime to build up on my hands and how can I fix it.

The above is the result of pushing (maybe) a half mile without gloves on a dry, sunny day. the handrims are just whatever regularly comes on a pair of LXs when ordered form TiLite, so I assume they are aluminum. Have I finally worn through the clear coat on the handrims and now I'm rubbing off all of the oxidation crap onto my hands everytime I push?

Its time for a new chair, and I will be getting one, but it will probably be 8-9 months off in the future, and I need to sort this out if I am going to pretend to be some sort of gainfully employed professional... can't exactly shake hands with somebody if your hands look like that after coming in from the parking lot.

I guess my first question is: How do I fix this on this chair at a minimal cost? Could I spraypaint the handrims with a clearcoat rattlecan from Walmart?

Next, in the future, it would be dope if I didn't have to run into this problem as my next set of rims ages. If I get titanium handrims will they have a similar type of problem? What about other plasticky type of handrims, I know there are some out there, but I've never considered them before, because instinctively plastic seems like a painful burn waiting to happen on steep downhill without gloves in July.
Dirty handrims... why?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire