Hey all,
C-5/6 Quad here, 37 years post, looks like I'm looking at my 3rd Flap, and am currently recovering from a Stage IV Pressure sore on the Ischial. Currently in bed on a WoundVAC. I've had pressure mapped foam cut cushions up until now and over time they seem to compress, and the sore starts returning, putting me back in bed to heal. Started with High Profile ROHOs, and moved to custom cut pressure mapped assisted foam cushions.
I've been thinking about the EASE Cushion, The Aquila APk2 or SoftTech to assist with my weight shifts. I checked out reviews, scoured the forums, and googled until my eyes bled. After I heal and get back into my chair, I've got to find a better alternative to what I am doing, so I'm reaching out to try and get some straight facts from users of the cushions.
I've seen some issues with some of these cushions in relation to how much meat is covering the Ischial, I'm 6' 1" 200lbs and not much meat left down there.
Looking for anyone who has had both positive and negative experiences with any of these cushions, or other suggestions.
On a side note, has anyone gone as far as just sitting on a pressure mapping system all the time, since that would seem to be the best real time way to see if there are any issues. You'd think someone would whip up an iPad app or something at this point that can visualize the data.
Thanks in advance,
Hawk
Ease Cushion / ROHO w/SmartCheck /Aquila SoftTech
C-5/6 Quad here, 37 years post, looks like I'm looking at my 3rd Flap, and am currently recovering from a Stage IV Pressure sore on the Ischial. Currently in bed on a WoundVAC. I've had pressure mapped foam cut cushions up until now and over time they seem to compress, and the sore starts returning, putting me back in bed to heal. Started with High Profile ROHOs, and moved to custom cut pressure mapped assisted foam cushions.
I've been thinking about the EASE Cushion, The Aquila APk2 or SoftTech to assist with my weight shifts. I checked out reviews, scoured the forums, and googled until my eyes bled. After I heal and get back into my chair, I've got to find a better alternative to what I am doing, so I'm reaching out to try and get some straight facts from users of the cushions.
I've seen some issues with some of these cushions in relation to how much meat is covering the Ischial, I'm 6' 1" 200lbs and not much meat left down there.
Looking for anyone who has had both positive and negative experiences with any of these cushions, or other suggestions.
On a side note, has anyone gone as far as just sitting on a pressure mapping system all the time, since that would seem to be the best real time way to see if there are any issues. You'd think someone would whip up an iPad app or something at this point that can visualize the data.
Thanks in advance,
Hawk
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire