I developed a swelling near/on my right ischial on January 25, 2016. It grew in size and was very uncomfortable to sit on. I switched between my Ride (no pressure) and Roho (low pressure) cushions. On February 5 I was seen by an internist at the VAMC, not by my regular SCI doctor. He palpated it and said to "keep an eye on it" but offered no treatment options. It finally reduced in size and finally disappeared by February 20. Great!
Except it came back on March 4. It really is uncomfortable and about the size of a small peach. It's not red or inflamed, but firmly filled. I spoke with a nurse at the SCI Clinic at the VA and maybe I'll be seen on Tuesday, March 22, maybe not. I'm supposed to wait for a letter. If it doesn't arrive, then they'll gladly see me at my April 12 appointment. Needless to say waiting is a pain in the ass. I've considered going to a local walk-in to see if they'll just aspirate it for me, but I'm concerned about subsequent ulcers.
What can I do meanwhile? Should I ice it? Heat it? Puncture it with a knitting needle and finally get some relief? I've found that if I cross my right leg over my left, it alleviates enough pressure to make sitting my chair bearable. If I put a rolled-up towel under my right thigh it also provides some relief.
I'm taking no medications at all.
I appreciate any and all help. Thanks!
Ischial bursa abscess?
Except it came back on March 4. It really is uncomfortable and about the size of a small peach. It's not red or inflamed, but firmly filled. I spoke with a nurse at the SCI Clinic at the VA and maybe I'll be seen on Tuesday, March 22, maybe not. I'm supposed to wait for a letter. If it doesn't arrive, then they'll gladly see me at my April 12 appointment. Needless to say waiting is a pain in the ass. I've considered going to a local walk-in to see if they'll just aspirate it for me, but I'm concerned about subsequent ulcers.
What can I do meanwhile? Should I ice it? Heat it? Puncture it with a knitting needle and finally get some relief? I've found that if I cross my right leg over my left, it alleviates enough pressure to make sitting my chair bearable. If I put a rolled-up towel under my right thigh it also provides some relief.
I'm taking no medications at all.
I appreciate any and all help. Thanks!
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire