Transverse Colostomy question

dimanche 20 mars 2016

Hi all,

I have a question for someone with knowledge of or who has had a Transverse Colostomy.

I am a C7 with good hand function and I had my accident in Dec 1980 so I've stacked up a few years.
I had a Mid Transverse colostomy back on 16.Jan.2013 for quality of life reasons.
Those reasons being sitting on the toilet for 3 hours Monday, Wednesday and Friday and still wound up having accidents.
I was initially booked in for a normal sigmoid colostomy but when the surgeon got inside he discovered my descending colon was totally adhered to the left side of my insides and when he couldn't remove it he had to change plans and wound up doing a mid Transverse colostomy instead.
I've got no problems with my surgeon or the fact that plans had to change, its not an issue at all.

My question is simply.
Have any of you that have had a Transverse colostomy or maybe even a illeostomy noticed in the summer months your stool is quite firm?
The reason I ask is that until this summer I have had no change in the consistency of my motions which happens to be very loose to watery, due to the fact the water in my bowel hasn't had time to be removed by the bowel.
This year in NZ we have had a extremely hot summer due to a tropical cyclone in the pacific, we have had 33 degrees Celsius which is very unusual for this country.

Any comments welcome.
Cheers
Transverse Colostomy question

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire