SmartDrive MX2 is absolutely TERRIBLE

mercredi 23 mars 2016

I recently upgraded my Original SmartDrive to the newest version, MX2; which has bluetooth wrist band and integrated battery.

I don't know where to begin with my thoughts here... but overall, I am very unhappy.

#1) the absolute most important thing to me is battery range/distance. i used to get 13-18KM per charge on the older version. Now, with this new version, I've measured it over the past week and the SmartDrive ALWAYS dies by 8-10KM. This is absolutely terrible for me. I cannot get from A to B and then back to A.... I used to come back home at the end of the day with some charge left-over, but now with this new version, I run out before I get home!

I'm pissed because the MANUAL states that the new SD (mx2) is technically faster and has a larger battery capacity... but in my real world testing, that appears to NOT be the case, at all.

#2) the wrist band is really annoying. First of all, it's an extra thing to charge. I have so many things that need charging already! Secondly, I used to like the old SD's "outdoor" mode which would leave the motor engaged until I pressed the button; this allowed me to push manually IN ADDITION to the motor, which allows me to get around pretty fast. However, in this new version, if I try to push along while the motor is engaged, 50% of the time it recognizes my pushes as tap-gestures, and therefore stops the motor. Which is extremely annoying and defeats the purpose of "power ASSIST"

Also, it's really annoying to wear a wrist-band. I should have the option to do buttons like the previous model or use the wrist band. It's annoying because I wear a fitbit or a watch at all times, so this is just an additional thing to wear, charge, remember, etc.

---

overall, I can live with all the changes..

EXCEPT the freakin' reduction in battery range!!!!!!!!! I am going to give it a few more days, and if the battery persists, I am getting the older version back.

--

anyone else have similiar issues? any suggestions? tips? solutions?



PS. Also, this version is much heavier than the previous version (since battery is integrated) and so it's that much more difficult to put on/off, but it's also more noticeable when you have it on and its off, since its so heavy and drags. Whereas, the previous model, when I turned it off, I barely noticed it was there.


overall, I am unhappy. The SMARTDRIVE has become an extremely important part of my life and I am heartbroken to know this new version doesn't live up to my expectations
SmartDrive MX2 is absolutely TERRIBLE

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire