Hi all,
I was approved for a new power chair, it has the works: tilt, recline, leg lift and seat elevator (which I'm paying for) everything but the seat elevator is being covered by medicare. I have new insurance this year and as a result my old DME provider can no longer take my Humana Medicare. If you live in Columbus Ohio I highly recommend Columbus Medical, I've used them for 30+ years and am heartbroken that I can no longer use this family owned company. My DME is now National Seating and Mobility, as you can imagine the price of this chair is outrageous, as stated on the invoice $51,779 with a 53.79% "adjustment" it comes to $23,929.08 my medicare pays 80% and I am responsible for 20% which leaves me with a $6129.00 copay (including the seat lift). I'm not trying to sound greedy or needy but I've never had more than a $500 copay for a chair and usually not even that much. My previous power chair was a Quantum 6000z with recline, so it wasn't cheap but I paid very little out of pocket for it when I used Columbus Medical. I saw my Phys Med Dr. last week when I told him about this, he said he's never heard of such a high copay and he's been doing this as long as I have. I sent the DME a letter stating I could not pay this amount and was told by the salesman he isn't the "numbers" guy but that he would look into it for me. When we specked out the chair he was all "I'll get your seat elevator cost down to $800 for you" and now he's not the numbers guy?. My current chair has some problems that medicare will not fix since it's over 5 years old, I was denied the repairs last Summer. What do I do? Is this situation common any comments on NSM?
Thanks,
River
New Power Chair and outrageous co-pay
I was approved for a new power chair, it has the works: tilt, recline, leg lift and seat elevator (which I'm paying for) everything but the seat elevator is being covered by medicare. I have new insurance this year and as a result my old DME provider can no longer take my Humana Medicare. If you live in Columbus Ohio I highly recommend Columbus Medical, I've used them for 30+ years and am heartbroken that I can no longer use this family owned company. My DME is now National Seating and Mobility, as you can imagine the price of this chair is outrageous, as stated on the invoice $51,779 with a 53.79% "adjustment" it comes to $23,929.08 my medicare pays 80% and I am responsible for 20% which leaves me with a $6129.00 copay (including the seat lift). I'm not trying to sound greedy or needy but I've never had more than a $500 copay for a chair and usually not even that much. My previous power chair was a Quantum 6000z with recline, so it wasn't cheap but I paid very little out of pocket for it when I used Columbus Medical. I saw my Phys Med Dr. last week when I told him about this, he said he's never heard of such a high copay and he's been doing this as long as I have. I sent the DME a letter stating I could not pay this amount and was told by the salesman he isn't the "numbers" guy but that he would look into it for me. When we specked out the chair he was all "I'll get your seat elevator cost down to $800 for you" and now he's not the numbers guy?. My current chair has some problems that medicare will not fix since it's over 5 years old, I was denied the repairs last Summer. What do I do? Is this situation common any comments on NSM?
Thanks,
River
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire