My friend is coming to visit for a week and we are thinking of buying this http://ift.tt/1WUdYio for the back of my 2012 Honda Pilot with a tow package.
His chair weighs 330 pounds. The carrier weighs 87 pounds.
I wanted to make SURE that my car could carry that much weight. Since it is a platform it is so different than towing a trailer so all the weight will basically be tongue weight right?
So I called the dealership to ask the question of how much weight can my car carry on a platform like that. They couldn't figure it out.
They referred me to Honda. Like Honda USA, and THEY couldn't answer it and referred me to the National Highway Safety Administration (http://www.nhtsa.gov) which has absolutely NOTHING to do with how much weight my Pilot can carry on a platform.
I am SO frustrated.
This is all after looking through the manual trying to figure it out myself. Which was zero use because it is all about towing. I am not towing anything. I know the Pilot can tow 2,000 pounds but that still has minimal tongue weight because most of the weight is balanced on the trailers wheels, not on the actual hitch of the car.
Does anyone know anything about this issue? I don't want to tell my friend to order the platform until I am SURE that it is safe. I will NOT destroy his brand new wheelchair.
Luckily with the design of this platform I can still open the back of my car to get my manual chair out just fine. I just can not find a single person who can help me. I am desperate!
And are there other alternatives if this won't work? He will only be here visiting for one week out of the year so purchasing something like this saves money in the long run. I will always be the one to drive him around....
Thank you so much!
Chanda
Electric wheelchair platform question
His chair weighs 330 pounds. The carrier weighs 87 pounds.
I wanted to make SURE that my car could carry that much weight. Since it is a platform it is so different than towing a trailer so all the weight will basically be tongue weight right?
So I called the dealership to ask the question of how much weight can my car carry on a platform like that. They couldn't figure it out.
They referred me to Honda. Like Honda USA, and THEY couldn't answer it and referred me to the National Highway Safety Administration (http://www.nhtsa.gov) which has absolutely NOTHING to do with how much weight my Pilot can carry on a platform.
I am SO frustrated.
This is all after looking through the manual trying to figure it out myself. Which was zero use because it is all about towing. I am not towing anything. I know the Pilot can tow 2,000 pounds but that still has minimal tongue weight because most of the weight is balanced on the trailers wheels, not on the actual hitch of the car.
Does anyone know anything about this issue? I don't want to tell my friend to order the platform until I am SURE that it is safe. I will NOT destroy his brand new wheelchair.
Luckily with the design of this platform I can still open the back of my car to get my manual chair out just fine. I just can not find a single person who can help me. I am desperate!
And are there other alternatives if this won't work? He will only be here visiting for one week out of the year so purchasing something like this saves money in the long run. I will always be the one to drive him around....
Thank you so much!
Chanda
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire