Bowel & Bladder Issues

mercredi 9 mars 2016

I literally don't know what to do and that is so unlike me.

I'm tempted to hit ER ... no exam table at my own doc's or any local clinic. Thing is, they always tell me to follow up with my doc and send me home. Then I get pissed off, go into denial and don't do anything.

For three weeks, I've been leaking bad around the foley catheter - literally waking up soaked. I've changed it out three times. This has made the skin on my derriere dry and subjected it to cracking and bleeding. Somehow keeping infection out.

I'm told after a bone scan, WBC Scan and bone marrow scan, that infection is back in my left foot .. but it's healing after a period of four months where it didn't. I've got RPN's (I've sarcastically started calling my nurse, John, a half priced half nurse subjecting me to longer suffering (laying off RN's big time here) - he can take a joke. I'm not sure I'm joking). lol The infection specialist they wanted to send me to ... drove me to seek alternatives in Toronto 13yrs ago. It costs too much and I'm not strong enough to get there anymore. Not like they cured the problem as here I am still.

My bowel. Oh sweet lawd of hellishness that makes me want to pass away. I was so lucky for so many years ... I took a fall last March and it's not been the same. There's an obvious prolapse (nothing sticking out though) and I'm not sure if it's rectal or bowel. I've also been reading that it can happen after the hysterectomy I had in 2011. The result is not being able to fully empty and complete diarrhea and constantly leaking that Immodium does not even make a dent in.

I've tried eliminating fibre from an almost 75% fibre diet .. getting more veggies and some fruit (watching sugar) .. drinking more fluids.

The solutions are probably colostomy and bladder surgery that I know I have been putting off and putting off ... I can say neither of these things appeal to me at all. Literally been in bed the past year feeling sorry for myself and not knowing what to do. What a let-down from the strong, independent woman I was just five short years ago.

31yrs post at age 12, used valsalva/crede for 25yrs until all of these issues started - was taught it at rehab and didn't know any better until I came here but it was too late.

I'm so tired of doing laundry and cleaning up after myself all day every day from morning until night. I don't know what to do.

ETA: Re the testing, Toronto hates Windsor .. my own doc hates diagnostic testing here.

ETA #2: I am in dire need of a new chair and a 2nd replacement cushion as the first wasn't good enough. I'm banned from one dealer already ... I'm too outspoken and short of temper when I know what I want, and they stand in my way -- especially when I have benefits through work that I nearly killed myself for. I suspect another store isn't going to deal with me either. That leaves two more in my city. Been at this more than three decades - they're sellers, not experts in chair tech or fitting.

Beyond frustrated. Ready to pack it in. Why does everything have to be so hard when I did everything right!?!?!
Bowel & Bladder Issues

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire