I am a complete C4/5 quad, and I have caregivers that assist me every morning/evening with ADLs. I pay them privately. They are great employees, so I want to make sure that I treat them well!
A woman that I'm dating may soon learn how to get me up and how to get me to bed so that we can have more flexibility nights where we go out, and also so that we can drive and do overnight trips together.
My first inclination would be to pay my regular caregiver for her normal shifts if there is ever an evening/weekend where I don't need her. Since I hired her for a specific set of shifts, it seems unreasonable to take away pay that she's expecting. On the other hand, it would be really nice to be able to reduce pay! Does anyone ever have some arrangement in between payiing for all shifts (regardless of whether she works it), and pay nothing? Is it reasonable to pay a partial salary for nights that I don't need her?
I'm looking to get an understanding of how anyone else deals with these situations before I sit down and have a discussion with her.
Reasonable Arrangement when Canceling Caregiving Shifts
A woman that I'm dating may soon learn how to get me up and how to get me to bed so that we can have more flexibility nights where we go out, and also so that we can drive and do overnight trips together.
My first inclination would be to pay my regular caregiver for her normal shifts if there is ever an evening/weekend where I don't need her. Since I hired her for a specific set of shifts, it seems unreasonable to take away pay that she's expecting. On the other hand, it would be really nice to be able to reduce pay! Does anyone ever have some arrangement in between payiing for all shifts (regardless of whether she works it), and pay nothing? Is it reasonable to pay a partial salary for nights that I don't need her?
I'm looking to get an understanding of how anyone else deals with these situations before I sit down and have a discussion with her.
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire