Wearing shoes

dimanche 24 avril 2016

So once I got into rehab, after six months in acute careI went right into physiotherapy five days a week which meant an hour on standing frame or lokomat. I wore a pair of basic compression socks and shoes every day for almost 3 years; never had one bedsore or problem. For the past six months I've had to buy $500 foam boots. My legs have to be strapped down now ( as my spasms have gotten stronger despite my legs withering away getting weaker ), and sheepskin boots werenot good enough to protect my feet and legs from the rubbing! It all started with a a open sore on the top of my foot, then one on the bottom, then both of my Achilles tendons from my expensive foot drop boots. With very good nutrition ans a long time wearing only these ridiculous foam bootsthey've all pretty much healed except for the one on top, despite there being no continuous pressure there! I haven't gone out much, but a little while ago I did and I decided I'm going to wear a pair of normal fing shoes for the first time in probably two months it was maximum six hours, parts of my feet ripped open; and they're still there ( these aren't tight hard shoes they're loose and very soft comfortable high tops . I maybe spend half an hour on the standing frame twice a week even that causes scratches! Is this really it, has it been so long since my injury that now my legs are basically rotted corpses, been denervated for so long that they will now Easley breakdown and barely heal!? Can I really never wear a normal pair of shoes in peace again, because that's a freaking joke!
Wearing shoes

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire