Mauor open surery

jeudi 7 avril 2016

It was accidently found, a large benign tumor, about the size of a grapefruit when I had a CT scan because they thought I had appendicitis, (it turned out to be a BAD UTI). I had not idea about the thing and was referred to my gynecologist, who examined me and did a biopsy. The biopsy appeared to inconclusive, but she examined me and said she was referring me to a specialist, Dr. Michael Stellar at St Elizabeth's Hospital in Brighton, MA. He examined me and did another biopsy....then he left the room, and I thought I was done and going to return home. Not so, he came back with the OR scheduled... on the 26th of April. I will be having open surgery to remove everything. My big concern among other things is that I will have a 2 hour ride from the hospital with a 6-8 inch surgical wound. Two hours of sitting up 3 days after the surgery. KLD, is this advisable? Will they give me an abdominal binder to help me get home?? If not, what do I do?

The other problem is that I am expected to be at the hospital at 6am all ready for preps for surgery at 7:30am. It is a 2 hour ride from here. That means leaving a 4am, and getting up at least at 2:30am. After the purges and no food or fluid after midnight, no sleep, will I be able to do it? This is considered "urgent" surgery and he wants it done within 4 weeks of the appointment. I am worried as the surgeon is an oncologist. He does not think its malignant, but will not know until the tumor and cysts are examined by the pathology Dept. They have scheduled me for cancer staging "just in case".

Then one of my PCA's is giving me a hard time for having it done in Boston. She thinks it should be done locally. My specialist down here knew it was over her head that is why I was sent to Boston(Brighton).

So between the surgery, having an oncological surgeon, getting transportation, (we have been battling with Mass Health for a PT-1 form, which they keep denying) and the after care...I'm really worried. It all happened so fast, it made my head spin, and am terrified.

KLD, do you have any recommendations?
Mauor open surery

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire