A month ago I finished six weeks of IV antibiotics. I normally have nasty side effects from antibiotics so as a preventive measure the week prior to starting the medication I added a daily intake of yogurt and probiotics too my diet. I continued with the supplements but have reduced the intake to every few days. The antibiotic treatment was successful and for the first time in at least 30 years, I did not have any side effects. Normally, I would break out in a rash within 7 to 10 days. In fact, my skin actually looks healthier now I have no sign of the typical fungal/jock rash that normally plagues me. I did have occasionally irregularity during the antibiotics, a combination of constipation, the runs, on and off. Even now, a month after stopping the antibiotics I still have irregularity but with more constipation.
How long does it take for the gut to recover from antibiotics? This has been my first experience with yogurt and probiotics. Normally my system is very regular. I have noticed that yogurt slows my system down almost constipating, can probiotics cause constipation?
Irregularity following antibiotics
How long does it take for the gut to recover from antibiotics? This has been my first experience with yogurt and probiotics. Normally my system is very regular. I have noticed that yogurt slows my system down almost constipating, can probiotics cause constipation?
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire