Electric skateboard, and some other thoughts....

samedi 16 avril 2016

I bought an electric skateboard some months ago, partly to be able to keep up with my son when he uses his firefly (and I don't want to ride a bike), and partly for fun for myself. I was thinking of making a seat attachment for the skateboard so that my son could try using it...but before I made anything, he just got on my board and off he went....

http://youtu.be/0oDp9R162qw

I had no idea that he would be able to steer the board so well, never mind that he was able to keep his legs on the board, and use the controller at the same time.

Whilst I still think that a small seat and a couple of handles would be a good idea (plus a bit of padding for his backside!), it got me thinking...if he is capable of controlling a skateboard (with or without a seat attachment), then is there any reason that he shouldn't be able to use the same technique on a snowboard, a surfboard, and even a wakeski? If so, why haven't I seen any evidence of other paras doing these things? (I have seen videos of paras lying down surfing, sit-skiing, snowboarding with a wheelchair, etc, but not of paras just sitting on a board and just making it happen).
Electric skateboard, and some other thoughts....

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire