So I just survived stage 4 hodgkin's lymphoma - I underwent the ABVD protocol for 5 months (10 treatments) and I have an supra-pubic catheter. Because of the chemo and that catheter, I got a UTI after almost every treatment.
I can feel the urge to go, and I know my bladder capacity. I typically know when I have a UTI because I get more frequent urges, feel some pain, and my capacity significantly diminishes.
By the end of the chemo, the bacteria developed resistance to most oral antibiotics - but I have not had the above symptoms since mid December.
However, I have had incontinence episodes 4x in the last two months - that is highly unusual for me as I went nearly two years without an incontinence episode prior to this February.
I had a PET scan done and apparently there is something in my prostate - my oncologist thinks it could be the UTI hiding in the prostate. I'm getting a prostate exam and a PSA done in case of cancer (again) but I'm not too worried...I think the infection theory makes a lot more sense.
I think this makes some sense given my recent incontinence episodes but I'm wondering if UTIs have affected anyone else in the same way.
Unfortunately between the SCI and the cancer etc it's so hard to diagnose any of my problems so I'm just looking for other's experiences.
Do UTIs/infections correlate with bowel incontinence for you?
I can feel the urge to go, and I know my bladder capacity. I typically know when I have a UTI because I get more frequent urges, feel some pain, and my capacity significantly diminishes.
By the end of the chemo, the bacteria developed resistance to most oral antibiotics - but I have not had the above symptoms since mid December.
However, I have had incontinence episodes 4x in the last two months - that is highly unusual for me as I went nearly two years without an incontinence episode prior to this February.
I had a PET scan done and apparently there is something in my prostate - my oncologist thinks it could be the UTI hiding in the prostate. I'm getting a prostate exam and a PSA done in case of cancer (again) but I'm not too worried...I think the infection theory makes a lot more sense.
I think this makes some sense given my recent incontinence episodes but I'm wondering if UTIs have affected anyone else in the same way.
Unfortunately between the SCI and the cancer etc it's so hard to diagnose any of my problems so I'm just looking for other's experiences.
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire