I had a major car accident back in early Feb. I will skip the gory details, but my adapted minvan is on it's way to the great salvage yard in the sky :sorry!: It was the other guy's fault, and I have good insurance so money to pay for it is a concern but not a huge issue.
I'm shopping for a replacement, and am trying basically decide between the major conversion outfits. We have pretty much decided to go for a Mopar (Dodge / Chrysler) as they are more reasonable than the Japanese vans that are otherwise similar. I need a 10" drop floor, side entry with a drive from the power chair setup, and hand controls.
I have been running around visiting different dealers and have at least initial looks at vans by Braun, Eldorado, and VMI. I've also been on the phone with Rollx, and they have made me a really nice offer on a 2013 Dodge with a new conversion, including a warranty to 100K on both the van and the conversion...
Googling for reviews I find a lot on Rollx and nearly all are positive - the few negatives didn't sound like big issues... I didn't find any where near as many reviews, good or bad, on Braun, VMI or Eldorado, but the few I did find seem to be more mixed.
However when I go visit dealers, while they clearly want to sell me whatever they carry, they seem more anxious to get me away from Rollx than the other brands they might not carry....
Particularly noteworthy is Jim from Automotive Innovations, (very active poster here) who tells some real horror stories about them, and says among other things that they are poorly constructed, don't have the crash testing that they claim to have, and are 'grey market'...
I have visited Jim's shop, and am very favourably impressed by his shop and knowledge - certainly a place that I would be willing to do business at.
But I am wondering about the question of if Rollx is so bad, where are the negative reviews and unhappy customers... :thinking: Where are the reviews on Braun, VMI and Eldorado? :thinking:
I would really like to hear anyones comments on long time ownership of a side-entry minivan - Who did the conversion? How reliable has it been? If there were problems, how well were they handled?
ex-Gooserider
Picking a replacement minivan - Rollx vs. VMI vs. Eldorado vs. Braun?
I'm shopping for a replacement, and am trying basically decide between the major conversion outfits. We have pretty much decided to go for a Mopar (Dodge / Chrysler) as they are more reasonable than the Japanese vans that are otherwise similar. I need a 10" drop floor, side entry with a drive from the power chair setup, and hand controls.
I have been running around visiting different dealers and have at least initial looks at vans by Braun, Eldorado, and VMI. I've also been on the phone with Rollx, and they have made me a really nice offer on a 2013 Dodge with a new conversion, including a warranty to 100K on both the van and the conversion...
Googling for reviews I find a lot on Rollx and nearly all are positive - the few negatives didn't sound like big issues... I didn't find any where near as many reviews, good or bad, on Braun, VMI or Eldorado, but the few I did find seem to be more mixed.
However when I go visit dealers, while they clearly want to sell me whatever they carry, they seem more anxious to get me away from Rollx than the other brands they might not carry....
Particularly noteworthy is Jim from Automotive Innovations, (very active poster here) who tells some real horror stories about them, and says among other things that they are poorly constructed, don't have the crash testing that they claim to have, and are 'grey market'...
I have visited Jim's shop, and am very favourably impressed by his shop and knowledge - certainly a place that I would be willing to do business at.
But I am wondering about the question of if Rollx is so bad, where are the negative reviews and unhappy customers... :thinking: Where are the reviews on Braun, VMI and Eldorado? :thinking:
I would really like to hear anyones comments on long time ownership of a side-entry minivan - Who did the conversion? How reliable has it been? If there were problems, how well were they handled?
ex-Gooserider
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire