WTF is wrong with my Permobil??

jeudi 12 mai 2016

So I've had a Permobil M300 for a bit over a year now, though my primary chair is manual, I use it around town a lot, and for specific things. But it hasn't had a LOT of use...however, right away the front caster was wobbling, then wore down, and eventually I noticed it was bent, and bending more. Then it fell off. Six months of red tape repair (not under warranty that part) with insurance and the stupid DME they sent me to, and it still wasn't fixed right. Even the caster wheel wasn't changed, came back all chipped and worn to nothing. I 'fired' them, and went back to the place that got me the chair. Just got it back, looked like a good job, got new tires all over...
However, taking it out for a spin, I noticed now that both casters making grinding metal noises when they rotate, and the one that had broke made a lot of cracking sounds. There was also like the sound of something hitting the big wheel, like when there's a little object rubbing. The battery drained extremely fast, and I barely made it home. I think what they didn't check was the chassis, that somehow it's gotten tweaked maybe. I just don't get how brand new parts, and still the casters are grinding and not moving freely. Ugh.

I think these rough sidewalks in San Diego suck for powerchairs these days. They are made for in the home, not that. Though I've never had this big of a problem. They're going to be coming back out to look at it, but nobody can seem tofigure this out! Not sure what to do, but it seems this chair is just constantly in repair!
WTF is wrong with my Permobil??

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire