Hi guys,
I purchased a used TiLite ZRA Series 1 from eBay back in early 2013. Been using it daily since then. It has gone through a lot, thanks to shitty Indian roads and infrastructure. At times, someone would be pushing my chair and an the right caster would get stuck in an unsuspecting hole/curb in the road, throwing the whole chair with me (heavy) to pivot on that small wheel. Luckily i only fell once, but it has happened a lot. Yesterday, finally, the right caster gave in. It was anyways bearing all the weight, since the left caster had gotten misaligned and was a tad bit higher.
You can see the pics attached to see the status. The nut which goes from fork into the socket attached to frame, looks good but the threads inside the socket are all worn out. There's even a powderish substance formed inside that socket which I'm guessing is broken metal. Now I don't know where to buy that socket which is attached to frame, not even sure if it can be replaced (?)
Should I replace the whole assembly or will I find that small socket? Let's say I wanna replace the whole thing, where do I find these or single forks for TiLite, because Unitine doesn't fit ZRA iirc. I am based out of India, so anything in USD is quite costly for me, but not like I have a choice here. Will try to go for the cheapest way out. Can some veterans tell me what are my options here? It'll be helpful if you also post the website, where I can purchase the recommended parts from. I referred the ZRA manual but the diagrams look different because in them, the nut is attached to the frame and not caster assembly.
For now, I have stuck the caster nut back in, and tightened the screw so tightly that the caster doesn't even swivel freely. Any loose, makes the caster fall because there are no threads in there. Dangerous, I know, but a man's gotta earn.

Cheers!
chairDroid
I purchased a used TiLite ZRA Series 1 from eBay back in early 2013. Been using it daily since then. It has gone through a lot, thanks to shitty Indian roads and infrastructure. At times, someone would be pushing my chair and an the right caster would get stuck in an unsuspecting hole/curb in the road, throwing the whole chair with me (heavy) to pivot on that small wheel. Luckily i only fell once, but it has happened a lot. Yesterday, finally, the right caster gave in. It was anyways bearing all the weight, since the left caster had gotten misaligned and was a tad bit higher.
You can see the pics attached to see the status. The nut which goes from fork into the socket attached to frame, looks good but the threads inside the socket are all worn out. There's even a powderish substance formed inside that socket which I'm guessing is broken metal. Now I don't know where to buy that socket which is attached to frame, not even sure if it can be replaced (?)
Should I replace the whole assembly or will I find that small socket? Let's say I wanna replace the whole thing, where do I find these or single forks for TiLite, because Unitine doesn't fit ZRA iirc. I am based out of India, so anything in USD is quite costly for me, but not like I have a choice here. Will try to go for the cheapest way out. Can some veterans tell me what are my options here? It'll be helpful if you also post the website, where I can purchase the recommended parts from. I referred the ZRA manual but the diagrams look different because in them, the nut is attached to the frame and not caster assembly.
For now, I have stuck the caster nut back in, and tightened the screw so tightly that the caster doesn't even swivel freely. Any loose, makes the caster fall because there are no threads in there. Dangerous, I know, but a man's gotta earn.
Cheers!
chairDroid
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire