Hi,
I'm very glad to have found this forum. The community is great and I enjoy all the positive stories I read.
I've been paraplegic most of my life (glioblastoma as a child removed from spine), but after having MANY infection stones removed from my bladder, my urologist started me on intermittent self cath. I use Cure Hydrophilic Intermittent Catheters.
Since having the stones removed and starting to self cath, I have been on at least one antibiotic per month due to UTI's. I'm currently experiencing the symptoms of yet another UTI (cloudy smelly urine, slight fever).
My urologist prescribed that, at night, I inject my bladder with 30cc's of saline and neomycin through the night. I'm concerned about this as I've not read about anyone on here using the saline/neomycin mix. Does anyone else do this? Should I be concerned.
I started taking vitamin C, multivitamin, probiotic, and cystex twice a day. I read that some people on this forum were having good results with that. But it did not work this time.
I have so many questions...
Am I stuck going back in for another urine analysis and getting on the Cipro yet again? Is there anything outside of antibiotics that can get rid of this?
I don't think my urologist is a specialist with spinal injuries, but I don't know the first place to look for a specialist in my area, central Florida. Is there a database of specialists that anyone knows about?
Thank you in advance to this great community.
Also, how do I add a profile pic to my profile? Do I need to be approved?
New to cath. Many UTI's. Worried and scared.
I'm very glad to have found this forum. The community is great and I enjoy all the positive stories I read.
I've been paraplegic most of my life (glioblastoma as a child removed from spine), but after having MANY infection stones removed from my bladder, my urologist started me on intermittent self cath. I use Cure Hydrophilic Intermittent Catheters.
Since having the stones removed and starting to self cath, I have been on at least one antibiotic per month due to UTI's. I'm currently experiencing the symptoms of yet another UTI (cloudy smelly urine, slight fever).
My urologist prescribed that, at night, I inject my bladder with 30cc's of saline and neomycin through the night. I'm concerned about this as I've not read about anyone on here using the saline/neomycin mix. Does anyone else do this? Should I be concerned.
I started taking vitamin C, multivitamin, probiotic, and cystex twice a day. I read that some people on this forum were having good results with that. But it did not work this time.
I have so many questions...
Am I stuck going back in for another urine analysis and getting on the Cipro yet again? Is there anything outside of antibiotics that can get rid of this?
I don't think my urologist is a specialist with spinal injuries, but I don't know the first place to look for a specialist in my area, central Florida. Is there a database of specialists that anyone knows about?
Thank you in advance to this great community.
Also, how do I add a profile pic to my profile? Do I need to be approved?
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire