I am a C 5/6 incomplete quad of 28 years, manual wheelchair user, bit of fine motor on my leftt hand, none on right, no control of bowels or bladder, no triceps, bad lungs from a near drowning sustained in diving injury, they are prone to bleed
About 4 years ago, after a few years of serious stress (losing my Mom, then my Dad year after, while working a stressful job while trying to juggle my care and bleeding lungs), I developed serious bleeding hemorhoids, will get into other reasons a little later. The bleeding was heavy, blood red water every night of BP, dripping blood, not fun. I could feel them back there, bulging out of the anus, tried many times to push back in as did a doc.
It was finally suggested I have a ligation/rubber banding. At the time I saw no other option, as the heavy bleeding really scared me. So I proceeded cautiously, went to a surgery clinic for eval at Duke Medical Center by a doc that is well known for his expertise in hemorhoids and ligation. He recomended heavily, so I did go for it. At first it helped, BUT after about 6 months they came back. Also, a hemorhoid thrombosed, really bulging and painful (I do have some light sensation), so he drained some blood and fluid, and it seemed to heal
At the time I was freaked out the returned heavy bleeding may be coming from deeper, so physiatrist had me do a colonoscopy to ease my fears. During the colonoscopy the surgeon performed a spontaneous hemhoroidectomy WITHOUT MY PERMISSION, which still baffles me.
Yes, the hemorhoids did come back after about a year, so yes, he did another banding. Six months later another one.
Present day - my anus doesnt even look like an anus anymore, it is a pile of scar tissue and 'skin tags', and yes the hemorhoids continue to grow, NO I'm not proceeding with another ligation. It may be related to me switching to Peristeen procedure, but my anus seems to prolapse far more during BP.
I guess my question is, was it worth it? Did I get butchered? Did I trust too much? Or is this just a bad case of hemorhoids and the guy was just trying to help? I do know many chair users develop bad hemorhoids after many years.
MANY stories on the net of banding causing scar tissue, and hemorhoids just growing back.
How should I proceed?
Despite the mess, I have been able to adapt and keep a regular bowel program, BUT
also fear a recent increase in Erectile Dysfunction is related, possible effect of changed blood flow? The pain (much of which I cant feel) is triggering ED? BUT, I did go back on an antidepressant (cymbalta) just before ED onset, though used to get regular erections when on Cymbalta in years past.
Feeling like an 'ass' for turning myself over to the AMA machine, feel like I know better. UGH.
Any advice greatly appreciated, really hurting over this this week
Lee in NC
ANOTHER Hemhorroid Nightmare
About 4 years ago, after a few years of serious stress (losing my Mom, then my Dad year after, while working a stressful job while trying to juggle my care and bleeding lungs), I developed serious bleeding hemorhoids, will get into other reasons a little later. The bleeding was heavy, blood red water every night of BP, dripping blood, not fun. I could feel them back there, bulging out of the anus, tried many times to push back in as did a doc.
It was finally suggested I have a ligation/rubber banding. At the time I saw no other option, as the heavy bleeding really scared me. So I proceeded cautiously, went to a surgery clinic for eval at Duke Medical Center by a doc that is well known for his expertise in hemorhoids and ligation. He recomended heavily, so I did go for it. At first it helped, BUT after about 6 months they came back. Also, a hemorhoid thrombosed, really bulging and painful (I do have some light sensation), so he drained some blood and fluid, and it seemed to heal
At the time I was freaked out the returned heavy bleeding may be coming from deeper, so physiatrist had me do a colonoscopy to ease my fears. During the colonoscopy the surgeon performed a spontaneous hemhoroidectomy WITHOUT MY PERMISSION, which still baffles me.
Yes, the hemorhoids did come back after about a year, so yes, he did another banding. Six months later another one.
Present day - my anus doesnt even look like an anus anymore, it is a pile of scar tissue and 'skin tags', and yes the hemorhoids continue to grow, NO I'm not proceeding with another ligation. It may be related to me switching to Peristeen procedure, but my anus seems to prolapse far more during BP.
I guess my question is, was it worth it? Did I get butchered? Did I trust too much? Or is this just a bad case of hemorhoids and the guy was just trying to help? I do know many chair users develop bad hemorhoids after many years.
MANY stories on the net of banding causing scar tissue, and hemorhoids just growing back.
How should I proceed?
Despite the mess, I have been able to adapt and keep a regular bowel program, BUT
also fear a recent increase in Erectile Dysfunction is related, possible effect of changed blood flow? The pain (much of which I cant feel) is triggering ED? BUT, I did go back on an antidepressant (cymbalta) just before ED onset, though used to get regular erections when on Cymbalta in years past.
Feeling like an 'ass' for turning myself over to the AMA machine, feel like I know better. UGH.
Any advice greatly appreciated, really hurting over this this week
Lee in NC
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire